Papers accepted into the OCEANS 2020 Singapore program are automatically accepted for OCEANS 2020 Singapore – U.S. Gulf Coast.
Any final papers and copyright forms already submitted to OCEANS 2020 Singapore will be automatically transferred.
For Singapore authors who have yet to submit, please follow the deadlines given in the table below.
In order for papers and video presentations to appear in the Technical Program and be presented at OCEANS Conferences, the following requirements must be met:
- The length of the technical program paper must be between 4 and 10 pages, including figures and references. Do not include blank page(s) at the end to achieve the minimum length.
- The paper must be formatted to U.S. letter size (8.5 by 11 inches). To assist in the preparation of the paper, style templates for MS-Word and LaTeX manuscripts can be downloaded directly from the IEEE website: http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html.The Word templates are designed for recent versions of Microsoft Word. When opening a Word template, if you receive an alert that the template was created by a newer version of Word, then follow the prompts to download and install the Word converter. Failure to do so may result in an inability to save your manuscript.
- Carefully proofread and check the layout of your paper before going through the following steps as it will save you time.
- Log in to IEEE PDF eXpress (http://www.pdf-express.org/) and create an IEEE Xplore®-compatible PDF file of your paper. The conference ID is: 38699x
- For each conference paper, click “Create New Title.”Enter identifying text for the paper (title is recommended but not required).Click “Submit Source Files for Conversion.” Only PDFs created using IEEE PDF eXpress will be accepted.
- Indicate platform, source file type (if applicable), click Browse and navigate to file, and click “Upload File.”You will receive online and email confirmation of successful upload. You will receive an email with your IEEE PDF eXpress-converted PDF attached, usually within a day.
- The file returned from the PDF eXpress site is the file that you will upload to your OCEANS 2020 Author Dashboard: https://globaloceans2020.org/authors/
- Please save it to your computer where you can access it when using our website in the next step.
- Complete the online copyright with IEEE, register for the conference, then upload your paper PDF through your OCEANS Author Dashboard: https://globaloceans2020.org/authors/For your dashboard login, use the email address and password sent in your acceptance email. The deadline for all submissions is Friday, August 28, 2020. Please note that only the designated corresponding author for a paper submission will be able to login to the author dashboard.
- You will be required to complete a copyright form. Note that receipt of your paper by this Conference constitutes release for open publication by IEEE. No cancellation of such release is permissible after submission in this step.
- You will be required to complete the Paper Registration process through the Author Dashboard, not through the website link to the public registration portal.
- Registration of the paper also registers you as a full delegate for the conference. A single paper registration fee can be applied to up to three papers on which you are a co-author. To include additional papers, simply enter their abstract numbers in the provided fields during the paper registration process. All paper registrations must be paid at the full conference rate; we cannot offer student discounts for paper registrations. Please note: All paper registrations must be initiated through the author dashboard, in order to properly credit your paper.
- Upload your paper(s) as IEEE Xplore®-compatible PDF files returned to you by email from the IEEE PDF eXpress website. You may verify receipt of your paper by downloading it from your Author Dashboard.
- You will be required to enter keywords to describe your paper.
- A pre-recorded video of your paper’s oral presentation (or poster presentation for Student Poster and General Poster participants) is required for participation in the OCEANS 2020 Technical Program virtual platform, and for subsequent publication of the paper PDF and video presentation in IEEE Xplore, the IEEE online publications library and database. Failure to provide both a paper PDF and video file containing your oral presentation will result in withdrawal of the paper from the conference’s technical program. The conference proceedings published during the conference may contain your paper, but that is not the official publication and cannot be cited in other literature. Instructions for preparing and uploading your video presentation file will be posted here shortly. Please check back again soon.
|28 August||Paper PDF Uploaded to OCEANS Author Dashboard|
|01 September||Videos Uploaded, and Author/Presenter Profile Completed on OCEANS Virtual Platform|
|04 September||Early-Bird Registration Closes|
|05 October||Conference Begins|
|30 October||Conference Ends & Registration Closes|